[XviD-devel] Re: DivX5 compatibe API

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Feb 10 00:20:45 CET 2003

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, ChristianHJW wrote:

> "Christoph Lampert" <chl at math.uni-bonn.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0302091351200.21879-100000 at lieb.math.uni-bonn.de...
> > Should XVID get an DivX5 compatible API (like divx4.h)?
> > gruel
>
> Well, what do we know about this API ?? I was trying to contact DivX N some
> time ago, basically to find out if it was possible to make an UCI wrapper
> for DivX5 ( yes, i know, UCI is not here yet ... dont remind me :P ), but
> they didnt bother to answer.
>
> I honestly had no idea DivX N made it open ?

I was referring to divx4linux501-20020418.tgz (DivX5.01 "basic version").

It contains decore.h and encore2.h which are more or less documented.
There is an EXTENSIONS structure with fields for MPEG-quant, QPel, GMC,
interlace, etc..

Of course, they have no effect in the "basic" version, so they are useless
for DivX5, but they would not be for XVID.

Current xvid has "divx4.h" which is compatible to old DivX4Linux (or at
least used to be).