[XviD-devel] SGI MIPS

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Feb 10 00:27:09 CET 2003

Hi,

me again, last time for today...

After more than a year, I returned to ProjectMayo a few minutes ago,
because I read that the only real project there, the PocketPC DivX player
has MIPS optimzation, and it seems that it really does.

http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/kits/PocketMVP_source.zip

The license is indeed GPL, not the crappy OpenDivX License,
so the routines could be reused for XVID on SGI. Of course I don't know
if this is interesting, or if the architecture is too different, betwen
MIPS on Handheld and MIPS on SGI, but maybe someone is interested?