[XviD-devel] [PRE RELEASE] v0.9.1 is ready -- last chance to report bugs

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 22:55:52 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:27:39 +0100 Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:

> Ok  the 0.9.1  release is  ready  (except release  details like  version
> numbering and so on).
>
> I would  like that you all test  the building process for  both unix and
> windows with msvc/cygwin/mingw. And in particular, IA64 *must* be tested
> as i have no  access to that kind of box (at least  no ia64 box with the
> possibility to download things on it).
>
> If you  nothing wrong  then i'll change  version number, commit  my last
> changes and release the last 0.9.x realease.
>
> As always, tarballs are ready and uploaded there:
> http://ed.gomez.free.fr/
>
> PS: i forgot to fix xvid_encraw -help message, will be done later.

two things:

* some systems dont have ranlib, rather they perform reindexing
automatically within ar. i dont have autoconf250 here to make u a diff,
but the following changes are necessary:

configure.in: add "AC_PROG_RANLIB"
platform.inc.in: add "RANLIB=@RANLIB@"
Makefile: replace "ranlib $(STATIC_LIB)" with "$(RANLIB) $(STATIC_LIB)"

* on line 58 of sources.inc, there is a line containing only a tab. this
causes problems with an older version of sgi make. please remove this
line!

it works well with mingw/msys, but my cygwin has stuff upped (and unable
to test it). otherwise its good to go.

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo