[XviD-devel] [PRE RELEASE] v0.9.1 is ready -- last chance to report bugs

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 23:30:12 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:55:52 +1100 suxen_drol <suxen_drol at hotmail.com> wrote:

> it works well with mingw/msys, but my cygwin has stuff upped (and unable
> to test it). otherwise its good to go.

retract that:
* mingw/msys linker fails when compiling without the divx4 functions.
the reason: libxvidcore.def specifies the divx4 decore,encore fuctions.

one way arround this, would be to specify decore,encore on the ld
command line. or just remove decore&encore from the .def.

* -fPIC is not neccessary for win32 pe (dll) target, and results in:
"warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)"

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo