[XviD-devel] [PRE RELEASE] v0.9.1 is ready -- last chance to report bugs

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Feb 11 20:55:31 CET 2003

Hi,

Quoting Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>:

> Ok  the 0.9.1  release is  ready  (except release  details like  version
> numbering and so on).
>
> I would  like that you all test  the building process for  both unix and
> windows with msvc/cygwin/mingw. And in particular, IA64 *must* be tested
> as i have no  access to that kind of box (at least  no ia64 box with the
> possibility to download things on it).
>
> If you  nothing wrong  then i'll change  version number, commit  my last
> changes and release the last 0.9.x realease.
>
> As always, tarballs are ready and uploaded there:
> http://ed.gomez.free.fr/

ok, I just grabbed your latest tarball and I noticed that there's still
decoding support for b-frames and quarterpel included in the source code.
Basically that's no problem, however b-frame decoding might be broken (I
haven't tried but a lot has been changed in the dev-tree since we branched off)
and qpel support is definitively wrong and buggy.

Many people are not aware that the stable branch also includes outdated and
buggy code while at the same time the correct (or at least more correct) code
equivalents are somehow "hidden" in the dev-tree. So I suggest to either remove
b-frame + qpel support from stable or sync the code between dev-api3 and
stable...

bye,