[XviD-devel] [RELEASE CANDIDATE] v0.9.1

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue Feb 11 22:13:59 CET 2003

Michael Militzer (michael at xvid.org) wrote:
> Many people are not aware that the stable branch also includes outdated and
> buggy code while at the same time the correct (or at least more correct) code
> equivalents are somehow "hidden" in the dev-tree. So I suggest to either remove
> b-frame + qpel support from stable or sync the code between dev-api3 and
> stable...

I felt  too lazy,  i dropped  support for these  supports as  nobody was
using them.  At least public builds  of the lib were not defining BFRAME
decoding.

I think  dev-api-3 is stable  enough to be  used for "every day"  use if
someone  wants bframes  and qpel.   I am  preparing this  release mainly
because  we need CVS_HEAD  soon (for  dev-api-3 stabilization)  and that
stable version had some fixes and the VLC memory footprint improvement.

A new version will be uploaded in a few minutes. This one is supposed to
be a Release Candidate.

http://ed.gomez.free.fr/

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------