[XviD-devel] [RELEASE CANDIDATE] v0.9.1

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue Feb 11 23:17:34 CET 2003

Joel (hello_the_haxor at hotmail.com) wrote:
> xvidcore-0.9.1-rc1 configures, complies and runs xvid_stat fine under cygwin
>
> a question: when doing a 'make all' in the exampes dir, the file
> /build/generic/libxvidcore.a will be looked for. however, after building
> xvild, only a libxvidcore.dll.a will be made. so could there either be a
> symbolic link to libxvidcore.dll.a, or could the makefile for the 'examples'
> programs be told to look also for a libxvidcore.dll.a?

No, cygwin is very nasty on that  .dll.a files, if it finds a .dll.a and
a .a file then it'll choose the .dll.a one. It is a big big mistake from
cygwin guys because this is something  we find nowhere on *nix world and
i cannot  handle that in examples  as they are not  "configured" for the
running target.

Perhaps a -static could help at linking stage.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...