[XviD-devel] [RELEASE CANDIDATE] v0.9.1

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Feb 12 12:46:46 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Michael Militzer wrote:
> So that was my point: if we call the thing "stable", there shouldn't be any
> known bugs or incorrect code included.

Hm, would it really be worth to throw out code which is deactivated
anyway just for a small group of developers who are supposed to read
the docs before starting to work with the code?
We could add a README which tells just what you discussed:
ACTIVATED code is (hopefully) bugfree. DEACTIVATED code isn't, that's why
it's deactivated, but it's not worth debugging it, because there is a
corrected version is in CVS already and will be released soon anyway.