[XviD-devel] VHQ

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Thu Feb 13 00:32:48 CET 2003

Yahoo, code commited.

According to my tests it works. Please check :)

I have some other things I'd like to propose/ask/do/.

1. How about I'd commit this new (not new anymore) lumimasking code?
Koepi's been including it in he's builds for a long time and it seems
to be stable. It's also much better than the current one. I see no
reason not to do that...

2. How about we moved to simple IDCT? The code is already there, but
disabled. It's not included in VS's project, and I bet it's not
included in all the makefiles, so I won't activate it myself.

It _does_ give much better quality when the video is played with
ffmpeg/ffdshow.

3. OK I'll fix that in a sec - when bframes are disabled, first frame
is not forced to be intra - the second frame is. Just a small change...

Please check if VHQ stuff works

Radek