[XviD-devel] dark blocks in b-frames

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Fri Feb 14 00:21:00 CET 2003

I said

>> The problem I would _really_ like to fix is this B-frames flickering I
>> hate so much. Stupid bug, it's even difficult to prove it exists. But
>> it does exist.

Gruel said
> Can it be reproduced on "artificial" images? Are you sure that it's really
> a bug and not due to some quantization rounding or something?

I just created a clip where it's really visible. It took some
experiments but here it is.
 http://noa.sm.pl/~syskin/makurukurushike.avi

People who understand the filename... don't have to wonder about the
filename.

I don't really understand why I suceeded so much about the blocks in
this particular clip. Code has not been changed, even BITS have not
been used. Just qpel + bframes. Still, this is the first clip which I
can show as a definite proof.

Now, I'll buy a pack of beer for a person who will tell me what
macroblock mode is used in the macroblocks with dark blocks.
^ we have to meet first for the beer.

First tests show that this is not asm problem - plain C creates the
same clip.

Please help me with this one...

Radek