[XviD-devel] [RELEASE] XviD 0.9.1 taged on CVS

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Feb 13 21:57:51 CET 2003

Hello,

as nobody complained for the RC1, I tagged the CVS for this release.

The tag is release-0_9_1. I'll prepare tarballs tonight and they will be
available on my public web space at: http://ed.gomez.free.fr/

Well, now the bad news related to CVS branches and all fun around
CVS... :-)

Merging is clearly impossible, there are conflict for all the files. So
nice merging will not be possible. I propose a nasty solution that is
based on a method that proves to be efficient :-):
 - cvs checkout -r dev-api-3
 - cvs checkout
 - copy files from dev to stable
 - add new files from dev to stable
 - commit all changes at once - tag the tree
 - repeat until all is working
 - All done -- every one is happy :)

Drawbacks: I can break all the stuff, to avoid that i'll process on an
atomic approach, commiting all at once until it works and using
temporrary tags to be able to delete things easily (cvs admin -o
merging-tmp).

If nobody is against that, i would like that nobody commit a change to
CVS tomorrow starting from 6pm GMT to avoid clashes and forgoten patches
in dev-api-3.

Thanks

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------