[XviD-devel] [INFO] dev-api-3 merged into CVS_HEAD

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 11:35:34 CET 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:33:01 +0100 Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:

> That's done.

excellent!

> Unix changes:
>   - the target lib is now postfixed with the API version 3.0

we're going from 0.9.1 to 1.0.0?

+> Windows changes:
>   - none
>
> Please don't commit things to CVS_HEAD yet. We must make sure nothing
> has been messed up during the merge.

i have performed my own comparison, and CVS_HEAD is identical to the
dev-branch, except for some minor portab.h issues:

* we nolonger need the EMMS() macro
* there are snprintf macros for MSVC
* the linux DPRINTF has been macro. though it is wrapped in a while(0)
loop, which is rather odd. anyone know why?

i have attched a diff for the above issues.

---

another related issue, is the vfw and dshow project. we need to merge
the dev-api-3 versions of these, back into their individual CVS_HEAD's.
this is painfull; i'd rather have vfw and dshow inside the xvidcore
project, such that everything is in sync.

prime example: people who checkout CVS_HEAD of xvidcore,vfw,dshow TODAY
will find they're incompatible.

dshow is rarely modified, and consists of a few files. vfw is only
modified to reflect api changes, and will reduce in size greatly once
ratecontrol is perform inside xvidcore.

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo