[XviD-devel] [INFO] dev-api-3 merged into CVS_HEAD

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun Feb 16 10:59:46 CET 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> Including vfw and dshow will just break that nice OS independency of the
> core. I think xvid_core_ should stay an independent module.

I see both, the advantages and the disadvantages in a merge of those.
But we already have much code that isn't "OS independent" in the core,
e.g. the assembler stuff. portab.h and the Makefiles deal with this.

I don't think it would hurt if we added vfw and dshow to the core tree,
but of course in separate files (subdirectories), and then the Un*X
Makefiles would simply not compile them (so missing Windows headers stay
unnoticed) but MSC "workspace" would include them. Just as ia64 stuff
isn't compiled on ia32, because it isn't supported by the compiler anyway.