[XviD-devel] Bootstrap

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Feb 19 01:04:06 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> why is exactly "autoconf2.50" called in
> xvidcore/build/generic/bootstrap.sh ?
>
> It may be called like this in Debian, but shouldn't we
> rather use the generic name "autoconf" instead of some
> special versioning?

It's distro specific, and no, we can't use autoconf because many distros
use symbolic links between  real autoconf2.13 and /usr/bin/autoconf. The
configure.in is really for autoconf 2.50 and higher.

I may insert  a minimum requirement in the  configure.in (don't remember
the  exact macro  name for  that) but  anyway, this  does not  solve the
autoconf version problem.  That's why i added to  the script header this
sentence:
<quote>
# NB: This script is adapted to Debian GNU/Linux SID program names
#     Perhaps you could have to modify program names to match your distro
</quote>

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...