[XviD-devel] RIF: XviD Mpeg4 Iso Interoperability bug!

Daniele Buffa D.Buffa at eidosis.com
Wed Feb 19 17:03:40 CET 2003

First of all thank for your reply,

I'm using a very hostile webmail, so I'll use the <quote></quote> tags to quote your message

<quote>
If it's important material, don't use the development tree since that may
change from time to time (as you might have noticed). Normally, that is
when bugs are _removed_, no introduced, but who knows...
</quote>

It's not important material, but I have to compress some DVD and I want to use bframe and croma motion, so I must to use development tree. And bframe and croma motion seem to be quite stable, with previous version I had no problem. Unluckly when I compiled the new version I overwritten the "old" one... :(

<quote>
> First, the new feature, VHQ, cause my system to crash. However isn't
> this the problem, 'cause VHQ is very beta and unstable feature and at
> the moment I don't want to use it.

Can you be more specific? I didn't have a single crash since I started
testing it.
</quote>

Simply when I try to use it VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod crashes! I'll write my system configuration if this can help you. However my problem, as I said, isn't VHQ...

<quote>
That depends on _when_ you checked out the last time. Please check which
bitstream version of XVID that was. (it's in xvid.h)
</quote>

At the moment I'm not at home. I checked out the source in 16-02. Yeasterday I tried to check out but there's no modified code.

<quote>
Hm, there is no problem with ffmpeg decoder, so maybe it's not
encoder related but rather the decoder. Can you describe _what_ you
see with Envivio?
</quote>

Mmmm, it's hard to describe, my advice if you can is to install Envivio tv and try yourself. However the problem is that the title "Queen Productions presents" is color altered and distorted, with yellow in the red (but the original title is *only* red!)

<quote>
Can you maybe check with real MS FDAM and provide output
of that?
</quote>

I don't know where looking for it. If you can tell me where it could be downloaded I'll check it

<quote>
Apart from the decoder, if it's really a bug, we need your encoding
settings and hardware/software plattform.
</quote>

Encoding settings: I used AviSynth 2.5 (YV12), the script is very simple, however I used UnDot, Luma -2 and UnFilter(-5,-5) in order to reducing the blockiness problem in dark areas. A correct crop and a 512x288 lanczos resize.

My system: Pentium IV 2.4 GHz, 512 Mb RIMM @ 1066 MHz, mainboard Asus P4T533 (i850), Raid Array in stripe mode (Promise FastTrack 133 lite controller onboard), Acard 6712UW (cd burner and dvd player on scsi chain),  sound card Audigy2 Platinum, OS Windows XP sp1, XviD self compiled (but also using Koepi build the result is the same) with VC7 (.Net) sp2, the last version of Envivio TV player.

I posted the problem also on Envivio support board. You can find it here http://ubb.envivio.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=31860025&f=494606401&m=3326042832&r=3326042832#3326042832

This message is sent also to Boris of Envivio, in Cc, hoping he could check the Envivio player.

Waiting for an answer

Thanks
Daniele