[XviD-devel] dev-api-4 this weekend

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 15:33:34 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> Is it able to read video dimensions from raw data stream? That's something
> I would love to see in xvid-examples (and of course it's not too difficult
> to do, but I'm to lazy to do so).

Yes, step  through a debug session  of xvid_decraw, as it  uses the flag
DEC_STAT, it  is able to retrieve  the dimensions when  the parser reads
the first header in the stream.  This has been hidden in xvid_decraw but
i can  modify it to make it  search for dimansions first  and then start
again decompression ?

@pete:  why  commiting   your  test  bed,  what  have   they  more  than
xvid_decraw/xvid_encraw/(future) xvid_stat have not  yet ? I remeber you
sent me these files long ago, and  iirc they do the same job. Correct me
if i'm wrong.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...