[XviD-devel] Bootstrap

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 19:07:52 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> Yes, of course I read that, but I find it rather strange to remove all the
> makefiles by an advanced automatic "autoconf/automake" system, and then
> every user except for Debian Linux (which I doubt is the majority of
> non-windows users) has to edit the file by hand before even bootstrap
> runs.

I'm sure you  know CVS is meant for development :-)  so CVS versions are
not for  "users" but  rather for  developers that want  to test  the CVS
version. These  users know what  to do, "joe"  user will not,  but "joe"
user should use releases and not CVS.

Btw  your  patch is  welcome  to  make  bootstrap.sh more  "all  distro"
friendly.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...