[XviD-devel] ./bootstrap.sh errors

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 23:51:57 CET 2003

Steven M. Schultz (sms at 2bsd.com) wrote:
> ... ran into trouble ...
>
> $ testing=`which autoconf2.50`
> $ echo $testing
> no autoconf2.50 in /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin ...

oh... a  different "which" output,  GNU/Linux whish does  output nothing
when it does not find it. Fixing that with your proposed patch

> 	Also, there needs to be a "-soname"  in the shared library that
> 	is built - else the ld.so loader can't find the shared object at
> 	run time (that's what the patch I submitted yesterday was for).

I am  working on that too, and  have something ready, but  it needs some
more work as  it will definitively break the  possibility to install old
versions and new versions alongside.

Moreover  i'm  fixing  win32   build  and  macosx  build  because  their
versionning  system   is  quite   different.  I'll  probably   don't  do
versionning     on     win32     and    respect     MacOSX     tradition
libname$(version).dylib

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...