[XviD-devel] [BUGS] failure on alpha processor and memory leakings

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Feb 21 13:54:21 CET 2003

Stephan Krause (s_kraste at ira.uka.de) wrote:
> As the ia64-guy, I thougth it was 64bit-ready... May it be that the
> alph-portab.h does not define ptr_t?
> [...]
> So i think the problem will go away if you define ptr_t for alphas

The new  build system that  i take care  not to throw away  during merge
does  not define  things according  to their  arch but  it  uses general
description of the target.

ARCH_IS_32/64BIT: tells us  how big the bus address is.  It is tested by
the configure script.

ARCH_IS_IA32/IA64/PPC/PPC_ALTIVEC/GENERIC:  all   defined  by  configure
script. They  activate per  architecture code in  sources. The  last one
(GENERIC)  is used  to trigger  users that  try to  compile  the sources
without taking care of defining these defines. I mean GENERIC is plain C
version, but you have to define it  to show that you know how to compile
XviD on your box.

ARCH_IS_BIG/LITTLE_ENDIAN: I hope you guess what it means

As I did lot of testing for 0.9.1, i know this new portab.h is quite
solid and i'm sure it defines ptr_t he right way.

Any other suggestion ?

PS: the bug you solved changing an uint32_t into a ptr_t variable was
not only for 64bit. This bug was here for all architectures but for an
obscure reason, only the ia64  CPU was affected. Btw, changing things to
ptr_t is not the solution in most cases.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...