[XviD-devel] dev-api-4 this weekend

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 20:00:27 CET 2003

hi everybody,

i have forked core, calling it "dev-api-4" and commuted the new api with
supporting vfw,dshow and rawdec application. while it compiles and
functions "okay", i havent had time to do an exhaustive api test against
the old CVS_HEAD api.

this is roughly how i want the final api to look, though the ratecontrol
is not finished nor committed. we also should further discuss gruels
plugin concept.

i've defined XVID_VERSION as "v1.-127.0" (major=1,minor=-127,minor=0).
-127 is used, as minor is incremented at each api change. this gives us
sufficient room to upgrade the api before we hit v1.0.0.

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo