[XviD-devel] dev-api-4 this weekend

elcabesa elcabesa at inwind.it
Sat Feb 22 12:49:45 CET 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 10:00, suxen_drol wrote:
> hi everybody,
> this is roughly how i want the final api to look, though the ratecontrol
> is not finished nor committed. we also should further discuss gruels
> plugin concept.

hi
since you want to move ratecontrol inside core why not move inside core
fuction to set motion estimation preset?

static int const motion_presets[7] = {

	0,
	0,
	0,
	0,
	PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_HALFPELDIAMOND8 ,
	PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_HALFPELDIAMOND8 | PMV_ADVANCEDDIAMOND16 | ,
	PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_EXTSEARCH16 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE8 |
PMV_HALFPELDIAMOND8 | PMV_USESQUARES16
}

this may be done during init , using xvid_global and you can also leave abilty
to user to change it as they do now=)

p.s. looking new api i see that every struct has inside VERSION and you tell
that when starting a function we should make a memset and then set version
is this xvid-coder related or MUST be done also by external program that want
to use xvid codec?

byee