[XviD-devel] last request

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Sun Feb 23 21:03:57 CET 2003

Hello,

> Yes, that was reported on the Mplayer (or ffmpeg?)-list already.
> Since Syskin's changes, cbpy_tab is exported, which conflicts with
> ffmpeg.

Actually, I never commited these changes, I just proposed them.

However, let me please tell you one thing: the idea to link coding
libraries directly to encoding/decoding applictions, without any kind
of standard interface, just asks for conflicts like this.

I would really like to understand why mplayer developers disgust
any standard codec interface. Just because such interface is "a brain
damaged microsoft's idea" is no argument.

They have enough power to make UCI, or anything else, a *nix standard
within months...

Oh well, not my problem (except for this)

Regards,
Radek