[XviD-devel] irix64 & YUV

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 00:14:51 +1100

hello

>Question 1:
>I just got an irix box the version of the os is Irix 6.5. The processor
>is R12K. I think the R12k's are 32bit. When I a make in the build
>directory i get the following error

R12000 sweet.

> > make -f Makefile.irix64
>UX:make: ERROR: make: file `Makefile.irix64' line 34: Must be a
>separator (: or :icon_smile.gif for rules (bu39)
>UX:make: ERROR: make: file `Makefile.irix64' line 34: Syntax error
>
>Is there some changes to do when i use xvid on an SGI machine.

use gnu make, instead of sgi's make. ie.
% gmake -f Makefile.irix64

>Question2:
>I have some yuv files, i dont know what type of yuv sequence they are
>what can i do to make them yuv planer.

most likely your sequences are in the 4:2:0 .yuv format used by
the mpeg-4 reference encoder/decoder. the format is simple: y plane,
followed by u plane, then v plane.

xvid_encraw.c in the stable branch supports .yuv:
xvidcore/examples/xvid_encraw.c.

-- pete