[XviD-devel] status of bframes?

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:33:43 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Jim Hauxwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been doing some tests with xvid_encraw / xvid_decraw.  Looks like all
> the bframes have corruption on them.  Before I start digging, is there any
> know problems with bframes?  I have attached the 100 frames I have
> encoded/decoding.

You mean distorsions at the snake's head?
I guess this is because B-frames have quant 31 and the material is
interlaced!!!

What were your input parameters?
Did you notice that you have to modify xvid_encraw.c a little, because
it does not set bquant_offset (old version of API). Sorry for that, I was
busy for the last weeks and didn't follow the changes in API, and I don't
use xvid_encraw myself.

Maybe set this value to 0, next to line 281

        xparam.bquant_ratio = ARG_BQUANTRATIO;
        xparam.bquant_offset=0;

and retry.

gruel