[XviD-devel] [f]emms / intrisics

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:52:58 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, suxen_drol wrote:

> the emms_mmx and emms_3dn functions could be moved to nasm to avoid
> compiler problems... and avoid having to defined EMMS() macros in
> portab.h.

They are only 1 instruction, aren't they?
So nasming them would be kind of overhead...

> or, would y'all rather switch intrinsics?

Your decision... I don't care, I don't speak ASM (except for 68K & MIPS).

Would we get all our current NASM code transformed into intrisitrics?
Or should we run both in parallel then?

Let's cast a vote:

--------

* Should we change from NASM to intrisics?

Please make your cross here (no dimpled chats, please)

O yes    O no    O don't care   O don't know what it means

--------