[XviD-devel] Re: Conversion Tool from DivX3/4 to MPEG4 ISO, both based on Windows and Linux - paid job offer from Neuston !!!

Christian HJ Wiesner xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:12:44 +0100

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i am in contact with Tan Ju Hian, the assistant sales Director of
> neuston ( http://neuston.com ). Similar to KiSS with their DP450 unit
> they are about to launch a DivX compatible hardware standalone player
> ( http://neuston.com/dvx_1201.asp and http://neuston.com/dvx_1307.asp
> ) and i am talking to them about the potential problems to be
> exptected with AVI as container. They are investigating if alternative
> containers such as MP4, OGM or maybe even matroska could be used as
> AVI replacement and therefore want to include a conversion software
> tool to help customers with AVIs that play without sync, as they fear
> the impact on their service departments if playback problems with AVI
> files will occur ( and these are very likely to happen as you know ).

I am briefly infroming you that work on the conversion tool hast
started, to avoid any form of double work .Please check here to learn
more about the details in case you are planning to contribute to the
project :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=236848#post236848

This will be the last email of this form to all the lists that were
copied, in future the status of the project has to be read from the
thread above. Special thanks to the FFMPEG team for delivering the base
work to make such a conversion tool possible.

Best regards

Christian HJ Wiesner
http://matroska.org