[XviD-devel] Status of...

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:39:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

what's the status of "reduced resolution"? Is it stable? Should it be in
the branch at all, which is supposed to become ASP? I'm asking because
I don't know how to combine GMC and reduced resolution. Is it possible
at all? What happens to the prediction vectors etc.?

And since I'm at it: Can somebody tell me exactly how the combination of
GMC and Quarterpel should look like? As far as I know, motion compensation
for GMC in quarterpel mode is done with _bilinear interpolation_, not with
any filtering. But for vectors which lie outside the VOP area the GMC part
refers to some other section and this also deals with boundary block
mirroring. Can somebody (Michael?, Pete?) enlighten me what to do?

gruel