[XviD-devel] get_block_inter and dequant_inter in the same routine?

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:51:50 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Jim Hauxwell wrote:

> Ok,
>
> Just done some tests, and I think its about 8% quicker than the xmm version.

Pure C beating XMM? Sounds nice...

> It takes 0.28% of a decode of a 2.5mbit PAL stream.

Can you test on a lower bitrate stream? I hope that the more zeros there
are, the faster it gets.

> pro : dump all the mmx xmm and 3dn versions of routine for native C
>       quicker on non intel machines
>
> The quant_type sets up a function pointer for dequant_inter & dequant4_inter
> to save if/then/else

Which cases does your version implement? H263 linear dequant, or MPEG
dequant, too?

> I'll need to intergrate into latest CVS, if your interested, to make a
> patch.

Is anyone else out there? Any opinions? Maybe the author of
get_inter_block()?

gruel