[XviD-devel] GMC rc2

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:27:23 +0100

Hi,

Christoph Lampert wrote:

>QPel + GMC is fixed, please test everything in ASP (QPel, Bframes, GMC).
>
>There is no support for interlace (yet) or reduced res (ever).

Ok, did a first test on "Das Boot". According to sysKin I modified line
1764 in encoder.c to have a "better" gmc/no-gmc decision (in terms of
filesize). Changed it to

if (iSAD + 12 <= pMB->sad16) {        /* mode decision GMC */

Used features:
- GMC
- QPel
- bframes 3/150/100

libavcodec/ffdshow (from 13.12.2002)  doesn't decode the resulting video
correctly, it smears MBs through the image (looks funny though).
Decoding with xvid is working flawless of course.
With GMC, the "dark block flickering" problem is worse, they appear more
often.

Other than that the resulting video looks really nice. Good work! :)

Best regards
Koepi