[XviD-devel] 2pass encoding

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:50:14 +0100

--dkEUBIird37B8yKS

Marco elcabesa Belli (elcabesa@inwind.it) wrote:
> hi
> your code to handle 2 pass encoding is inside your wvf dir nad not inside=
 the=20
> xvidcore package, can it be moved to the xvidcore code, so all program th=
at=20
> want to use it can do it?

mencoder has the xvid_vbr code i ported from the vfw to a more
independant form of code 6 months ago. Do a "grep -rn ed\.gomez *" to
find the file in the source tree.

Anyway, my port is outdated for dev-api-3, because it does not handle
bframes correctly. It's not worth trying to port the last hacks from vfw
to this port because dev-api-3 will have all RC stuff inside the core
(1pass, 2pass, and kinda quality mode)

> i'm using it form linux and MPLAYER and i cant test all the things i want=
=3D)

Ok ok ok, i'm responsible for that, as i'm lagging way too much with the
RC merge into dev-api-3. I can't promise nothing because i'm actually
preparing my internship report for an oral exam for January 23th. Please
don't flame me :-)

--=20
Edouard Gomez

--dkEUBIird37B8yKS