[XviD-devel] [WISH] Statistics and frame type returning

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:58:31 +0100

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

Last mail before going to continue my training report...

I commited a patch to fix some but not all errors when returning wrong
statistics from encoder_encode_bframes.

Changes:
 - introduced frame->intra =3D 3 =3D=3D S_VOP for GMC frames (the 3 number
    seemed to be free)=20
 - Added lot of stats filling all over the code. Not hard to guess that
   i added them where it seemd logical to put them. BUT this does not
   mean the places were good ! this code is still a mess :-)

Bugs:
 - bframes do not report correctly header bits
 - nvops fill the stats->quant with a value of 31, using 0 is impossible
   because transcode and mencoder use my vbr lib and stores statistics
   using code like this debug_quant[quant-1]++; 32 is not possible too
   because we would be out of meory boundaries in similar pieces of
   code.

My wish is:
 - Could it be possible to fix bframe reporting ? thx

Now going to fix my training report.

--=20
Edouard Gomez

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU