[XviD-devel] Error Resilience

suxen_drol xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:30:10 +1100

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:22:02 +0100 (CET) Christoph Lampert <chl@math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Christoph Lampert wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > to really become Advanced Simple Profile we need Error Resilience: Slice
> > Resync, Data Partitioning, Reversible VLC.
> >
> > And I just saw that this already is a part of Simple Profile(!)
>
> "Short header", too, and XviD does not fully support it, yet!
>
> gruel

are you refering the decoder or encoder, or both.

slice resync: xvid decoder support it already. encoding support is not
difficult, but you have to keep track of the slice-boundary (because
ac/dc, mv predicition can't occur over the boundary).

data partitioning: i have been meaning to implement data partitioning in
the decoder, but it is low priority.

reversible vlc: iam unaware of any encoder/decoder that support this (other
than the reference software).

short header: easy to implement. (but i dont think the encoder should
use this format..)

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo