[XviD-devel] What are the most important optimization opportunities?

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:12:19 +0100

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Felix von Leitner wrote:
> >=20
> > Attached is a small trivial diff that I noticed.  The #if 0 part in the
> > end is to make the vim editor use the proper tab stops.  I would prefer
> > if xvid used standard 8-width tab stops, though, but that's not my
> > decision to make.

We decided to use 4 for tabs because there are some code pathes that are
too much indented with 8 spaces tabs.

Anyway, we won't include any  editor trick into sources because we would
have most editor directives than code in files.=20

I described a tip  to edit C/H files with emacs using  the right C style
in the CodingStyle file. This tip  is based on the file path, when emacs
opens  a file in  a path  matching the  regexp /.*/xvidcore.*/.*\\.[ch]$
then it activates the xvid-c-mode.=20

If a similar tip  exists for Vim, i'll be happy to  add it to the Coding
style file.

@gruel: linux sources specify a tab is 8 spaces long iirc. See
        CodingStyle

--=20