[XviD-devel] [BUG?] intra meaning

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:19:13 +0100

Hi,

Christoph Lampert wrote:

>Now who's the childish one?

Hehe :) Yes, /me is too. I won't deny that, but I just got upset that a
private conversation got logged and dragged into the public without my
approval.

>Sorry, but those at constants from VfW. The core should not depend on
>this and it doesn't. Core works very well without VfW, so VfW should get
>its constants from the core, not vice versa.
>If VfW needs the codec to return any special values, there should be a
>comment explaining this, so people without VfW, like GomGom and me don't
>mess it up. I told GomGom to use S_VOP==3, because that's what the core
>does internally.

I wasn't aware that internal S_VOP == pFrame.intra=3 got used, so accept
my apologies.

>Btw, as you already mentioned, it's not possible to have two frametypes
>at the same time, so using a 32bit bitmask for them does not seem a very
>logical choice.

Ok, so let's extend the API again?

>Anyway, let's choose a different value, and things are resolved.
>If millions of users are stupid enough to download an "unstable
>development branch" and overwrite their previous install without testing,
>then whatever... and maybe the guys who create binaries can test them,
>too, the next time, before putting them to download?

Believe me, I tested it, and was aware of the problem. The users
demanded "newest" code, so they got it. After all, to use sysKin's
input: it's a development branch and supposed to be broken.

I think that after a week of this bug-extistence we made that point
clear, and since we can fix it, we should start with it.

Best regards
Koepi