[XviD-devel] Quality optimization

skal xvid-devel@xvid.org
23 Jan 2003 16:29:40 +0100

	Christoph,

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 17:52, Christoph Lampert wrote:

> * I'm sure that GMC can do better than our current version, in particular
> GME and mode decision.

	I've looked at your GME code (yeah, I couldn't help:) and
	have some question:

	a) Where is GMC-accuracy taken into account? It should
	change the scaling of your solution...

	b) why didn't you jump directly on 3-pts warping? The
	least-square minimization equations are quite similar
	to the 2-pts ones you seem to have used...

	c) It's somehow agreed in the literature that scaling the
	x-y coords to [-1,1] range is vital to ensure numerical
	stability of the computations (or maybe this was only
	required for the Kalman-filtering ... non linear stuff...
	or maybe for the 4-pts case... dunno)

	just my .01euros

	bye,

		Skal