[XviD-devel] some question about xvid and mpeg4

Marco "elcabesa" Belli xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:59:57 +0100

hi
i'm another time here to ask you some info aobut xvid and  mpeg4 standard

1) What is GME and GMC, i can only guess Global motion camera. for gmc  and
Global motion estimation. if my guess is right how thyis motion is searched?
only by translation, zoom and  rotation of image , sometnigh more, something
less,or i'm totally out of the way??

2) qunatizer is a costant for each frame? i looked inside encoder.c and seems
to me that it's a value that chagne every frame. so each frame has ony one
quantizer.
is possible or Mpeg4 compliant change quantizer during a frame?

thank'you