[XviD-devel] Automatic benchmark / compile

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:06:23 +0100

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> Since it's very well 20% or more of a difference between "defaults" and
> "optimal", I wanted to include a small shell-script into XviD
> build/generic that could do some kind of automatic benchmarking and set
> compiler option accordingly (or at least output the values, so everyone
> can create his own CFLAGS ).=20

Did you test 2 pas compilations with profile-arcs and
branch-probabilities turned on ? Perhaps it can solve some problems with
wrong random branch optimization like gcc does with 1pass. On my
personnal tests with 0.9.0 core, this 2pass compilation did never speed
things up (that shows that gcc does a great job with random predictions)
but perhaps this is wrong with dev-api-3.

You should give it a try.

--=20
Edouard Gomez

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S