[XviD-devel] Makefile.ia64, Makefile.vc

suxen_drol xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:59:04 +1100

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:42:59 +1100 suxen_drol <suxen_drol@hotmail.com> wrote:

> also, the following has been iritating for me some time.
> Makefile.inc includes a gnu make ifeq() conditional used for ia64.
> this breaks non-gnu makes, such as the sgi make or microsoft nmake.
>
> ive attached a patch, which moves the conditional into Makefile.ia64.
> could someone please confirm it works. it looks okay to me, but i need
> reassurance.

since no one responded, i have applied the patch and added Makefile.vc
(for building libxvidcore.a using msvc on the cmd line).
ive added xvidcore/INSTALL which describes how to build
libxvidcore.[a,so] using make or visual studio.

i really do believe we need ./configure now (and a few makefiles for
platforms without sh&friends).

-- pete