[XviD-devel] XVID_REDUCED question/bug

suxen_drol xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 08:54:59 +1100

hi.

reduced encoding works fine here. there are NO compatibility issues with
other software: fdam and envivio decode xvid-reduced streams correctly.

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:35:04 +0100 "Marco \"elcabesa\" Belli" <elcabesa@inwind.it> wrote:
> pEnc->current->mbs[x + y * pEnc->mbParam.mb_width];

we reduce mb_width and mb_height for the purpose of the x,y loop.
the stride of the macroblock array remains the same.

> i don0t know why but old lumi_mask work, or it change less the quant table or
> i'm totally  wrong and this mail  has only to be removed form your memory =)

lumimasking doesn't work with reduced resolution yet; it needs some
minor changes.

btw. you should not combine reduced with ASP profile features: ie.
* bvops
* quarterpel
* gmc
* interlacing