[XviD-devel] Autoreply: Re: Movie

support at copper.net support at copper.net
Wed Jul 9 05:48:03 CEST 2003

xvid-devel at xvid.org,
     Thank you for contacting Copper.net Support. Our normal response time is 24 hours, however with heavy mail volume reponse time may be greater, your patience is appreciated and you are urged to call in for billing or technical issues that require immediate attention.

If you did not receive a response to a certain email, it may be due to one of the reasons below:
- You sent duplicates of the same email.
- Your email contained spam, vulgar language, etc.
- Your question has already been answered in a prior email.
- Your question may have been forwarded to another department for a better response.

Please note we are closed for the following holidays, you may expect a delay in response during these holidays:  New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas.

**Please do not respond to this email, this is a self-generated message **
In  order to save you time, the most common issues are listed below  with their  solutions:

If you are receiving a message stating that you have exceeded your mail quota; please login to http://mail.copper.net to remove any unwanted items. Make sure to check under FOLDERS for discarded mail in deleted items, as this also counts towards the quota.

1.  Error 691 user/pass is wrong -  Check username/password for spaces  before or after. Make sure to include  @copper.net after your username. Our  server is case sensative,  so please remember to double check that upper and lower case letters are correctly typed.

2.  Cannot  login to mycopper.net/email - Please exclude @copper.net from  you  user name for the mycopper.net login. Please include @copper.net after your username for webmail login.

3. Error 678 no answer -
Please check your  Access  Number.  Are you dialing an area code or do you only have  seven digit dialing? Do you  need to dial “9” , to get an outside line?

- Make sure the phone line is  connected in the 'Line'  port on the modem

- Make sure there is  nothing that  could be blocking or distracting the signal: line splitters, fax  machines, surge protectors

- Reboot machine to ensure  that no  other programs/software  are trying to use the modem

- Lower Fifo Buffers/Max speed in modem settings  (refer to setup or dial properties  below for your Operating System)

If none of the  above solutions help,  you may be required to do the following. However, we  recomend  a professional assist you with this procedure. You may need to reinstall your modem or its driver. It is also possible that this could be an issue with the local telephone company, you can test this by dialing on your handset to see if you hear modem tones.

EMAIL:
To check your settings follow the below instructions:

1.  open  outlook

2. Go to TOOLS >ACCOUNTS >Click on the  MAIL TAB
highlight  your copper.net account and click PROPERTIES
Ensure  that the information on  the general tab is correct.
Click on  SERVERS, settings should be as  follows:

My incoming mail  server is a POP3 server

Incoming:  mail.copper.net
Outgoing:  mail.copper.net

Account name: username (not  e-mail address,  case sensetive)
Password: *****

[ ] Log on using  Secure  Password Authentication (should NOT be checked)
[x] My server  requires  authentication (should be checked)

4. Click APPLY  then OK, then close  outlook and re-open, then check  mail.

DISCONNECTS  ASSOCIATED WITH EMAIL

Open outlook, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CONNECTION  TAB
[x] Ask before switching dial up connection (should be  checked)
[ ]  Hang up after sending/receiving (should NOT be  checked)
Click APPLY, then OK, then close  outlook and it should  work.

SETUP & DIAL UP PROPERTIES/USER SUPPORT
http://www.copper.net/usersetup/

ARE YOU AT THE COMPUTER YOU WANT TO CONFIGURE? (win95/98/ME)
http://www.copper.net/ReConfig/configgenerator.asp

If you are still experiencing connection issues or  these do not  address your particular issue, please feel free to  call Tech Support at  1-888-336-3318. We are open Monday - Friday  9:00am - 9:00pm EST & Saturday  9:00am - 6:00pm . This is a  self-generating message, please do not respond to  this email.

**  If you have any questions about Billing, Cancellations, or would  like to change  your user information, please contact our office, as these requests cannot be  processed via email **

Common  Questions?
http://www.copper.net/questions.htm

Terms of Service: http://www.copper.net/tos.htm