[XviD-devel] Is XVID-0.9.0 compatible with XVID-Window Media Player Plug-In?

Yue-Meng Chen ymchen at palmmicro.com.cn
Wed Jul 9 20:16:18 CEST 2003

Hello,

  I am wondering if the XVID bit stream encoded by XVID-0.9.0 encoder can be played back by Windows Media Player .

  Here is my working step:

1. Encode one Video Clip using XVID-0.9.0, then pack it as Window Media-Player's "ASF" format.
2. Download XVID codec plug-in(for virtual DUB1.5.1.1), and install it. The release version of XVID-PlugIn is 2.1
3. Download XVID codec plug-in(from GNU), and install it to make ms-mediaplayer to surport XVID format.
4. WMP can play back this file, but the quality is too bad.
5. I also use XVID-0.9.0 decoder to decode same file, it work well.

  So, I wonder if the bit stream encoded by XVID-0.9.0 is compatible with those XVID-WMP plug-in.

Thanks,
- Yue Meng