[XviD-devel] cvs commit

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Sun Jul 13 20:52:26 CEST 2003

> Anyway, I'm doing a _big_ commit in a sec. I'll send another mail for
> that.

Well I promised... so let it be - but I don't feel like writing it at
all...

encoder.c, motion_est.c - mcsel decision moved to ModeDecision()
  function. That makes motion loop completely aware of macroblock mode
  and vectors (amv in that case). A simple copy&paste was needed to
  make the the decision R-D based, to be compatible with MODEDECISION_BITS.

motion_est.c, motion_est.h - many bugs fixed. Most of them very small,
  the only big one was that BITS was misunderstanding a flag and was
  thinking that mpeg quant is used when h263 quant is used and vice
  versa :(
  Also, correct cbp with inter4v mode makes mode decision better.
  Two speedups - for BITS (no more dequantization when sum == 0)
  and for ChromaME (chroma sad not computed if total sad too big before
  that).
  Some GMC compiler warnings removed.
  Probably more, I don't remember ;) I haven't touched P/B/I decision
  for once.

gmc.c, gmc.h, global.h - compiler warnings removed, mostly "const
  mismatch" in get_amv() <-- or what was his name

interpolate8x8.h - two functions made 2x smaller, shorter and faster.
  This is a "by the way" commit ;)

OK, I just realized that I might have left some GME changes - I wasn't
planning to leave them, this is no time for GME tuning. If it's true,
I'll change them back in a moment.

I hope I fixed more bugs than I just created.

Regards,
Radek