[XviD-devel] 32Bit input pin / Alpha

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Jul 18 21:39:33 CEST 2003

Hi,

two part answer:
a) There's no support for alpha-masking for textures etc. in XVID, because
those are not in "Simple" or "Advanced Simple" Profile, and XVID
implements those.

b) There could of course be a input routine to convert 32bit RGBA to the
usual YUV, where the alpha channel is somehow used as a mask or so. You
can easily use RGB 24bit input routine for this, and just multiply by the
alpha value or something. But the result would not be alpha-channeled or
so, of course. Just ordinary picture which is calculated from RGB + alpha.

gruel