[XviD-devel] Found an issue and solution to compiling current CVS on VS .NET.

Joe Millenbach jmillenbach at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 00:06:47 CEST 2003

I followed the instructions on DiscDude's page, but I got an error at a
specific ASM file.

Assembling c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_3dne.asm
Assembling c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_3dn.asm
Assembling c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm
nasm: error: no input file specified

There are about 15-20 above this that worked fine. There isn't a space in
the name (looked at that thread already). The command line it used from the
build log is below (looks like it should be fine to me, by the NASM docs)...

nasm -f win32 -DPREFIX -I"c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\" -o
.\Release\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.obj
c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm

If I change the custom build steps to remove the double quotes around the -I
parameter then it works fine (I have to change the 3 colorspace*.asm files
in the x86 folder).

Why are they there in the first place?  And would removing them break
something?  Also how would I go about submitting vc7 versions of the project
and workspace files?  They use a different extension/format than vc6.

Thanks,
Joe