[XviD-devel] Found an issue and solution to compiling current CVS on VS .NET.

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:40:06 CEST 2003

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:06:47 -0700 "Joe Millenbach" <jmillenbach at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I followed the instructions on DiscDude's page, but I got an error at a
> specific ASM file.
>
> ..
> Assembling c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_3dne.asm
> Assembling c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_3dn.asm
> Assembling c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm
> nasm: error: no input file specified

first: what version of nasm do u have? be sure to try nasm v0.98.34.

> There are about 15-20 above this that worked fine. There isn't a space in
> the name (looked at that thread already). The command line it used from the
> build log is below (looks like it should be fine to me, by the NASM docs)...
>
> nasm -f win32 -DPREFIX -I"c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\" -o
> \Release\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.obj
> c:\XVID\xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm
>
> If I change the custom build steps to remove the double quotes around the -I
> parameter then it works fine (I have to change the 3 colorspace*.asm files
> in the x86 folder).
>
> Why are they there in the first place?  And would removing them break

iirc, a long time ago somebody complained about xvid not compiling on
winxp platforms, where the xvid code was stored in a directory with
spaces. something silly like: "c:/my documents/xvidcore/src...".
adding quotes fixed this.

> something?  Also how would I go about submitting vc7 versions of the project
> and workspace files?  They use a different extension/format than vc6.

post the files to this list if they're less than 40kb. otherwise dump
them on a website and post a link. note: not many people use vc7 here.
are you willing to maintain the project files as we add/remove files
from the linux and vc6 makefiles?

<!--
anyway, isnt vc7 slow and difficult to use? i ask this, because i cant
even install it on my machine. apparently my "windows millenium" is too
old, but "windows 2000" is not. if my memory serves me correctly,
windows 2000 was released well before millenium....
-->

-- pete