[XviD-devel] Simple profile level 0

Luca Piccarreta piccarre at elet.polimi.it
Wed Jun 4 16:31:00 CEST 2003

Hi all.
In a (commercial) project we were thinking about cyclic
refresh, mostly for videocommunication and short delay
encoding (we're not using xvid, though :)
But, I wonder, how could you resynchronize without a
complete I Frame?
Even supposing that a slice is intra coded, this does not
guarantee that the same slice (in the next frame) will be correct,
as it can predict from neighbouring slices (supposed uncorrect).
What did you do?
Thanks in advance (if you feel like talking about that)
Luca Piccarreta.