[XviD-devel] minor changes / todo list

Hans K. Rosbach hk at circlestorm.org
Sun Jun 15 13:12:02 CEST 2003

> i find performing credits seperately to be plain annoying. but i do
> agree that the management of encoding (credits,chapters,etc.) is more
> suited to a higher encoding layer than the codec.

I could not agree more.. Credits mode in the codec is very, very
convenient.. And I personally can sacrifice accuracy for convenience.
If the credits mode accuracy can be fixed, then it clearly would be
brilliantly easy to use it.

Encoding credits in another pass is of course possible, and I have
done that before myself. BUT, I was very happy the day credits
mode appeared in the codec. The only thing I could wish as an
improvement is that the credits in the beginning and end could have
different settings. (Ex. I want end credits to be grayscale, but not
the starting credits. And I also want a different size on them)

Just my 0.02Kr..

-=Dead2=-