[XviD-devel] Re: Dicas MPEGable Player

ShenCao shencao at chinadigipro.com
Tue Mar 4 08:41:14 CET 2003

>On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:23:06 +0100 (CET) Christoph Lampert <chl at math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> did any of you ever test encoder and/or player from mpegable
>> (www.mpegable.com) ?
>[...]
>>
>> Did anyone ever test it?
>
>i tested it some time ago, but i dont recall seeing an option for
>'arbitary number of b-frames'. from memory, the trial encoder is
>limited to CIF and rather slow. maybe there's a new version out.
>
>[be warned, the software uses some c-dilla authentication crap.]
>
>-- pete; life is like a box of ammo

Yes, I tested the mpegable player.
It can not play the *.xvid Element stream format directly,
but convert our *.xvid to *.mp4 using the MP4Creator tool from MP4IP project,
then it can be played nicely.
Also the player supports user-defined  YUV12(I420) raw video format.
It is useful for testing and development.
But it only supports for simple profile currently,
and is less advanced then the Envivio's player.

-- ShenCao