[XviD-devel] bframes threshold

elcabesa elcabesa at inwind.it
Wed Mar 5 14:52:13 CET 2003

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 11:04, Radek Czyz wrote:

> > but today cvs lead to a 7% bigger file than yesterday cvs checkout..
> > i simply can't tell you if syskin code break something. today there were
> > 2 or 3 independent cvs commit and something make xvid produce this bigger
> > file
>
> What have I done? :(
> Thanks for this, I'll start looking for the bug immidietly. And no,
> without bframes - nothing should change (except for qpel+vhq, there
> was a minor bug, also fixed).

what about minor bug do you mean the | in code insthead of || or something
else?
i was testing code today and  i don't know why .. i make same test difference
in old code and new output is not 7% but only 0.2 %... sorry i have repeated
just now test and found that i used some different flag.. so the 7%
difference is due to a my error

between new code make a 0.2% bigger file.

what about this code in encoder.c??

mode = MEanalysis(&pEnc->reference->image, pEnc->current,
					&pEnc->mbParam, pEnc->mbParam.iMaxKeyInterval,
					(/*mode < 0*/1/*hack*/) ? pEnc->iFrameNum : 0,
					bframes_count++, pFrame->bframe_threshold);

your hack must stay there or it should be removed?
i have encoded a 5 minutes avi with and without hack and i saw no difference
in filesize.