[XviD-devel] freebsd build test

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Mar 6 22:00:41 CET 2003

Pedro Joao Lopes Venda (pjlv at mega.ist.utl.pt) wrote:
> hi everyone.
>
> i just saw the FAQ on the website and the FreeBSD x86 platform is
> mentioned as untested in compilation matters.
>
> since i am a freebsd user, i tried to compile it, and it worked.

Yes, compilation was known to work for that version, however, my simple
compilation test + xvid examples tests were not enough becausse some
users pointed out that we were building the shared lib without a
SONAME. As i test XviD with transcode that dynamically loads the shared
lib thanks to dlopen, i did never notice that bug before, btw all should
be fine now.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...